Investigations and Complaint Information

Any person may file a complaint: a client, registrant, building official, or any member of the public. A complaint can be filed by anyone who believes that a registrant or candidate for registration has, or is, engaged in illegal activities which are related to their professional responsibilities. A complaint can also be filed against anyone who may be practicing architecture, registered interior design or residential design without a license.

The most effective complaints are those that contain first-hand, verifiable information. While anonymous complaints will be reviewed, they may be impossible to pursue unless they contain documented evidence of the allegations made.

For more information about the investigation and enforcement process or how to file a complaint, please refer to the following documents:

  • "Filing A Complaint and Other Information About the Enforcement Process" brochure
  • How to File a Complaint and Other FAQs
  • June 2022 Focus article, "How the Enforcement and Complaint Process Works"

  • File a Complaint

    If you would like to file a complaint, you may use the Consumer Complaint Form. You are not required to use the form, but it can serve as a guide for what information is needed to investigate a complaint. The form must be signed. It may be submitted by fax, U.S. mail or email.

    Under Nevada law (NAC 623.900), all complaints MUST be submitted in writing. Additionally, all complaints must include the following:

  • The full name and address of the respondent (person who allegedly committed the violation).
  • A clear and concise statement of facts sufficient to establish that an alleged violation of law occurred, including, without limitation, the date, time and place of the alleged violation and the name of each person involved.

  • With any complaint filed, it is important to include as much detail as possible and any documentary evidence you might have (i.e. copies of plans, agreements, proof of payment, etc.).

    Disciplinary Action Against Registrants

    Disciplinary action taken against a design professional licensed by the board is public information. To find out if an architect, registered interior designer, or residential designer has been subject to disciplinary action, please call the Enforcement Division at (702) 486-7300. Information about disciplinary action taken against unlicensed individuals is also available.

    To find out if someone is registered, please refer to the Registrant Directory.